I am reading Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen. I love this book so far: it is cute, fun, and entertaining. The novel takes place during Auden’s last summer before college when she visits her father and her stepmother at the beach. Auden is a very deep character who has many different qualities that the reader can see immediately. Since she is such an interesting character it makes the novel a lot better. Auden has missed out on a lot of childhood activities because she was always trying to impress her parents by receiving good grades and excelling in academia. This all changes though when she visits her father and his new family. She now has a new baby sister and must face the challenge of living with people who do not expect her to act like a mini adult but act like a teenager. She has a hard time adjusting to the new people in her life and her new job in a clothing store. So far I really like this book. Auden is interesting and the plot is just beginning to form. I cannot wait to see what will happen to her.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment