In The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han, Belly has always been the odd one out; she was never really accepted into the gang that consisted of her brother, Steven, and her two good friends Conrad and Jeremiah. This all changes though the summer before she turns sixteen for Belly has “become pretty”. Now all the sudden both Conrad and Jeremiah want to be with Belly and she doesn’t know who to choose. Ever since she was young she had been in love with Conrad but now he was different, he had changed and not for the good. The book switches from Belly’s childhood to the present which allows the reader to learn more about the characters and understand why the act now. The book is all about summer for everything that Belly defines as happiness has occurred in the summer with the boys. I really liked this book it had a very sweet and surprising ending. In just a few chapters Belly becomes a real person and leaps off the page. She is extremely likeable and I enjoyed the book a lot. I would recommend this book to others.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment