I just finished Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. In this book there are two main characters, Grace and Sam, who trade off narrating the novel. Sam is boy who whenever the weather becomes cold turns into a wolf. While this has been happening Grace was always the one watching from the outside. For six years they have been watching each other in the woods, unaware of what the other person was. This all changes though was Sam is hunted and is shot causing him to accidently turn into his human form. Grace is the one who saves him and from the moment they meet they fall in love. This book is very good because it does create its one form of a werewolf but once again it is like every other silly werewolf book out right now: The two meet and fall magically in love. However this all occurs within the first fifty or so pages. The main part of the book is Sam and Grace’s attempt to keep the cold weather from making Sam turn back into wolf form. Grace is hoping that their love will stop him from changing but it is useless to think because they know of no cure to save Sam. When I first begin this book I was instantly compelled to the characters. They are funny and likeable people in the book. Even though this book is like others I have read I enjoyed it and would recommend it to others. I would recommend it to others who enjoy reading about werewolf’s and magical worlds. Overall I would give it a four out of five.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment