Wednesday, March 3, 2010

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

I am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman and I love it. When Mia and her family go for a car ride one snowy morning she suddenly finds herself floating in between death and life. One second she is singing along to the radio and the next both her parents are dead and her younger brother is barley living. While Mia’s body is in the hospital Mia must watch all her loved ones come and visit her body while she is stuck in this ghost like trance. Throughout the book you learn about whom she is and all the little important memories and people in her life. So far the book is incredibly sad but it is such a page-turner. The emotions that she faces are so miserable and yet so realistic. I don’t know if Mia will choose to kept fighting or will give up and die. I hope she keeps hope and stays alive because she has so many people that love her and are waiting for her to open her eyes. Even though it is terrible knowing that her entire family is dead I hope she wakes up and I predict that she will, because other wise it would be too sad. I cannot wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment