Monday, February 1, 2010

Belong To Me by Marisa de los Santos

I read Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos this past weekend. Immediately, I was drawn to the characters, they were descriptive and as the novel went on I learned a lot about them. I loved how Teo and Cornelia had known each other since they were little. I thought it added to them and it was just the perfect happily ever ending to have them married. Also when you discover, in the end, that Dev was Teo's son I found it interesting because Cornelia and Teo had been with each other since they were little kids and even though she believed she knew everything about him I liked how she didn’t. It made the book more realistic and relatable. I liked the character of Lake she was very complex. Throughout the book you learn about her and her son Dev but you never really know the truth. Their story is not very clear from the beginning and therefore I figured that in the end there would be some sort of huge twist like the one that occurred. I loved how in the end, Piper got her happily ever after, she managed to survive the death of her best friend, divorce, and social rejection. I would recommend this book to others who want a good book with an interesting compelling storyline. It was not one of my favorites but I defiantly want to read another book by this author in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment