I just read Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly and loved it. It was so descriptive and had a sweet and innocent feeling, which I thought was what made it so good. I couldn’t believe it when I found out that it was written in the 1940’s, it seemed as if it could have been written last year. The feelings the characters have and the situations they go through would be the same even if it were written recently. In this book shy, naïve Angie Morrow falls for the handsome popular Jack when they meet at the local hang out. Suddenly Angie is feeling all these new intense feelings that come with first love and she begins to realize the truth about adulthood. With college looming in the fall Angie must uncover the truth about Jack and their blooming relationship. I loved how innocent the book was and how truthful. In the end I wanted to know about the future for Angie and Jack. I wished that they would meet in the future and rekindle their love, they were perfect for each other and I would defiantly recommend this book to others. It was a lovable story and rewarding read.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment