I am currently reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I just started it the other day and am not very far in yet, but so far it seems good. The main character Lily Owens seems like a smart, strong girl who has suffered incredible amounts in her past and has been influenced by them. When she was four, her mother died in a tragic accident, Lily feels lost without a mother and is only stuck with a father who doesn't seem to care about her very much. I can emphasize with Lily from the very first page. I have a feeling that the bees, which swarm Lily’s room at night, are symbolism and even though I am not sure yet what they could be, I know they will be important in the book. I wonder what will happen to Lily or if her life will become better over the novel, because right now its not looking too good. I wonder what will happen when Lily’s father, T. Jay, sees the bees that Lily is trying to collect as proof? Will he be angry or loving? I can’t wait to see what will happen next.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment