This past week I have been reading A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. When I first started it I instantly though "I’ve read this before" the characters and hints to the conclusion of the book made me believe that I read it in the past. I decided to keep reading anyway and decided that I have read it before. A Northern Light is about a girl Mattie Gokey who loves words wants to go to college in the city. It is 1906 and for a girl who lives in the middle of nowhere to go to college is a big deal. She must convince her father to allow her to go. I predict that she will somehow come up with a plan to attend college even without her father’s permission. Mattie seems like an intelligent girl who will not let anything from stopping her to follow her dream. I predict that her friend Weaver will get into trouble because of his wild temper and will not be able to attend college. Since I remember some things from the end of the book it is interesting knowing how it will end as I am reading it. I am noticing more hints that the author leaves and learning more about the characters personalities. I can’t wait to see how the rest of the book plans out and what happens in the characters lives.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment